You are here

Types of Records Transferred by Student Organizations

After reading these guidelines, please go to Instructions for Transferring or Donating Records to the University Archives to learn the procedure for donating your materials. See also Tips for Preserving Your Student Organization's History.

Student organization records commonly transferred to the University Archives include:

  • Constitutions, charters, and by-laws

  • Annual reports

  • Minutes and reports of meetings and committees

  • Membership lists

  • Organizational histories

  • Publications and publicity material: newsletters, brochures, event programs and booklets

  • Officers' files: correspondence and memoranda (incoming and outgoing) and subject files concerning projects, activities, and functions

  • Scrapbooks

  • Photographs, audio and video recordings

  • Websites: to recommend a website for preservation by the University Archives, complete this form.

The University Archives accepts the above records in analog or digital format.

Items which generally should not be transferred to the Archives include:

  • Blank forms

  • Detailed financial records, canceled checks, bank statements, and receipts

  • All duplicate material: keep only the original copy and annotated copies

  • Plaques and trophies

Please contact the University Archives staff at 8-6345 or